What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to clean photos

Jantonio777

Hello to everybody, I'm new in this forum and generally speaking in Photoshop too. One of my questions is how can I clean old pictures, they were taken with a film camera and recently were scan. Some of the pictures looks like with dust and fuss. I appreciate your comments. Thank you. Bye bye.

Hi Jantonio777

You could upload some pics, so we can give you some ideas on how to fix them, i'm pretty sure that we can help whit that.

In the mid time you could check this.

Hope this helps.

Jantonio777

I been very busy in work, but as I wrote before I want to learn how to clean this type of photos, this was taken with not a digital camera, this image was scanned

PICT0228.JPG

Carson

Power User
Hi there, I'm not exactly sure if I got everything, but I cleared most of it. My computer screen isn't the cleanest :). Also, I did this by using the clone stamp tool, and the healing brush tool. Read up on them.

PICT0228.JPG

Jantonio777

Thank you Carson for your help and the information, I'm using the tools mention on your reply in another shoots. Another question what tool do you recomend to remove the haze in the shoots, since the scan was very bad in fact.

Carson

Power User
What do you mean by haze? The pixel mess up stuff between the boy and lamp? If so, I used the same tools. I used them two tools through-out that whole image. It's amazing what they can do. I hope that helped.