What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can not open RAW images from Canon G6 digital camera

bozojim

Hello, :)
Windows 7 (64 bit) Q6600 Intel 2.4 Quad / 8 GB DDR2 RAM

I have a G6 Canon digital camera that I primarily shoot JPG images with, and wanted to experiment with raw images.

I took about 15 RAW images the other day with this camera and tried to open up. I went to canon and downloaded their Zoombrowser 6.0, which I can view the RAW files, but it does not edit them. I'm looking for something similar to Adobe Camera raw to hopefully view and edit them. Thanks.

Thanks for opening the photo. I had to remove the photo for obvious reasons.:p

Last edited:

Steve

Retired Administrator
G6? That's an old camera.
There should be no reason CS5 can't open the files.

Put one of the raw files in a zip or Rar folder and upload it here.

Hi bozojim

Just opened your file whit adobe camera raw6.5, converted to jpg, and here is your picture.

crw_00_small.jpg

The camera raw plugin comes inbuilt whit photoshop, you could update your PS or you probably have to update it or reinstall the plugin.

You can find the updated plugin here, Adobe Photoshop CS5/extended, camera RAW 6.5

Hope this helps

Steve

Retired Administrator
I can open it in CS3 and CS5.
Update ACR like M@X said and see if it helps.

Try resetting your preferences file.
Start Photoshop and immediately hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)
or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS X).

Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"