What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lab Sliders not sticky in CS4 but were in CS3 editing in LAB mode.....

High and Dry

Tech- MacMini 2011, Lion, CS4

I edit color in LAB mode. In CS3 I would use the eyedropper tool to select a neutral point and then a levels layer to adjust the color while I was watching the LAB sliders in the color panel. Quick and easy.

Now the problem. In CS4 the color panel changes to greyscale when the levels layer is highlighted. How do I make the LAB sliders sticky? If I edit the color with simply a levels adjustment (not layer) it still works the old way I am used to. I toggled the dynamic slider preference to no avail and I can't find anything else I can change. I spent a few hours in Google to no avail. What am I missing?

High and Dry

Scratch that last post. The problem is the LAB sliders are not moving when I adjust the color in the levels layer.