What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it Just me or a pc based problem.

Hoogle

Guru
Ok I think idad bought up a similar issue but mine is not the same I have had to come back to using photoshop for some professional work. However due to the logo I am designing I need to try out a variety of fonts. I have had this problem since photoshop cs4 and it has moved onto cs5. Whenever I have a font manager open ie suitcase fusion for pc or nexus font I use now as it is free and the problem is not as bad but either way whenever I have either program open photoshop becomes very unresponsive so I have to close my font manager down to continue my work. I am sure it is not a lack of cpu or ram I have 16 Gbs and photoshop only uses 4 Gbs so I assume my font manager is not using 12GBS or actual ram. and I can render 3d animations in full priority using cinema 4d or studio max and still using photoshop perfectly smoothly so it cant be a memory issue. I have tried uninstalling font managers reloading the librarys which takes forever and also reinstalling photoshop. I have also Googled for solutions and appears I am not the only 1 but cant find a remedy that works despite what the google results are. I am willing to try another font manager but I do believe suitcase fusion is the best 1 to use by reputation however nexus is better for me and this problem so if no one has a solution that works can somebody maybe suggest another font manager. Not urgent as we went another way with the design but it will be good to know if I need to use both programs in the future together again.
I also cant live without the hot install where it only temporarily installs fonts but removes them on your next computer reboot.