What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create this effect in photoshop

zahidzia

I have this attached picture which has a background color and a picture in another layer at right hand corner...I want the same effect like background glow color is going on top of the right picture border. To achieve this what steps i need to follow.

Attachments

• investment.png
    investment.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 1

Stric9

Power User
To make a color fade into an image, First Create a new layer above the image. Second fill that layer with the color you want. Next make a layer mask on your color layer. Using a brush paint black on the layer mask using similar settings and you should get something similar to this.
10.JPG

You can also use a gradient on the layer mask, gradients can be a little confusing though.

I can be more specific if needed. But I am fixing to go to bed soon. So if you can wait I can help tomorrow or if not someone else can step in.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: