What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baking Adjustment Layer to all layers in group?

Steve555

Hi

I have 20+ layers that all need the same levels adjustment, so I put them in a group, and applied a Levels Adjustment Layer to the group.

Is there a way to bake that adjustment in to every individual layer, while retaining them as separate layers?

Thanks

Steve

If you have a version of Photoshop below CS4 then you can grab the adjustment effect on one layer and drag it down to add to all the others and it will apply it to everylayer very quickly and easily I used to do it all the time

Steve555

Thanks, but I have CS5 and it doesn't seem possible to move/copy the adjustment layer indepenedly.

Sorry I just read your post more clearly you might be able to achieve this by making the adjustment levels layer onto a normal layer by removing the layer mask, unlink the mask from the adjustment and then select it and delete it. Then hide the other layers and maybe use the merge visible option to create the baked adjustment and keep the layers like you want to, this should work with groups so I might be worth having a go.

I hope this helps Good luck