What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problem with free transform

angwen

After I use the lasso tool I go to free transform and make my correction. But when I press ok and then deselect, it's leaving a black mark on the picture from the free transform tool. Why is this happening?

angwen

The transforming leaves a large black stamp on the picture, that's the problem. I know there is something I am doing wrong and I cannot figure this thing out.

angwen

I tried it again and this is what happens. I use lasso tool around the nose. I go to free transform and make the adjustment to the nose. I hit check mark for ok. At that point the lasso is gone but the transform line is still there. So I go to deselect. when i hit deselect, it leaves the black ink spot. How do I get rid of it?

Hi angwen

The issue that you a referring to sounds really weird, perhaps you are working your selections over a layer mask, not really sure dough.

When working whit the lasso tool, or any other election tools, you can indeed apply free transformations to your selections, but when you are done whit it, and as soon as you release your selection, the image you transformed should stay in place, and the marching ants will be gone, unless you saved it.

If you could upload a screen shot of your PS Interface, it could give us some hints on how to resolve the issue that you are having.

In the mid time this may help, Photoshop Transform Selections

Steve

Retired Administrator
I keep trying to copy and paste here but it won't work. geeeezzzz

To upload an image click on the "Insert Image" icon on the tool bar and upload the image from your computer or as a link.
If you're using Chrome or your browser doesn't show an option to upload from your computer, click on the "Go Advanced" button.

Click on the "Attachments" icon on the tool bar and upload your image.

angwen

Here is the attachment with the black mark from free transform. thanks for any help on this matter.

Attachments

• matt15.jpg
    matt15.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 8