What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blue tint covering picture

alain

Hi,

i would like to create like a blue filter to cover my picture to make them "blueish".
so for example, a picture in black&white will become somehow a little more blue...
if i have a picture representing a garden, everything should turn to blue tints...

i would be very happy if this could be done in a way that only the picture change not the setting for the "blueishing" :)

I hope you understood me.

thx.

A.

Use Hue/Saturation ajustment layer and select the colorize option to add any color you like.

Yet again a 100 ways to do similar effects Strics option is probably my choice as well but here are a few other options for you to try.

image> adjustment> desaturate. to make it black and white create a new layer and fill with a darkish blue using the paint bucket tool or a solid colour adjustment layer. Then set the blend mode of the layer to either soft light, vivid light, hard light, overlay etc.

go to image> adjutstments> photo filter and choose a ble tint ( this is only good for tinting and not dramatic effects)

For a cool effect and drama add a black and white adjustment layer and set the blending mode to luminosity that way you keep your colours and use the sliders to really add contrast to your image and then use the method stric suggested.

The same as above but set the b & W adjustment layer to either soft light or normal or any that turns the image black and white. but fade the layer so your image is only slightly coloured and then apply a blue tint whichever works best for you.

And I think that should be enough to get you going.

Good Luck

thx Hoogle,

i already used desaturation, but after i applied a standard Color balance...so more or less the same thing, however i like your way as i just can change the picture and desaturate it only...to get the same tint.
just one question on which layer do you apply : image > adjustments > photo filter ?

either the original 1 or you can apply a a photo filter adjustment filter. Yeah colour balance does not really give consistant results Strics Hue saturation is far better just make sure you check the colourise box.