What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I get exact border around photo?

AnotherEarthling

samplephoto.jpg

Hello I am glad I found this forum.
I want to get my photo to print with an border that is exact around the entire photo. The one's I am printing are not. The border on top and bottom of the photo are thicker than the border on the right and left. And the photo is not centered. I need it to be exact all the way around.

I am using Adobe Photoshop CS5.5 on an iMac OS X Lion computer. My printer is an Epson 1400. Can anyone help me with this? Do you think I should import it to InDesign instead?

I would appreciate your help.
Thank you.

load up your image in photoshop then go to image > canvas size check the relative box and enter the measurement of your border and then all you have to do is select if it be transparant black or white or even choose a custom colour.

agent!!!

You drunk? or did the san diego weather go to your head?

but I know what you mean, lol! guess I'd use a straight edge!

Oh I mis read it resize your image to the paper size and then do what I previously suggested and the apply a 6 x 4 crop to the which is what I am assuming your paper size is

It's because the image height/width ratio is different compared to your actual medium.

It's because the image height/width ratio is different compared to your actual medium.

Yes you're right. How do I resolve that issue?
I did get it to center and have a border around it. However, one again, the white on the border is more on the top and bottom of the photo then it is on the left and right side.

because your printig media is 6x 4 for example so you need to set up your photoshop document to be proportionate to that so if your media is 6 x 4 inches you need to mnake your photoshop document 6x 4 inches

Back