What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Background is GRAY....or grey....

Rhondalea

For some unknown reason, my backgrounds are opening with a gray background. All transparent backgrounds are now gray. Background and foreground are black and white so that's not the problem. This is frustrating me because I can't figure it out and I am sure it's something simple that I am overlooking. Anyone want to relieve this headache of mine? :banghead: thanks everyone!

You will need to go into preferences I am not in Photoshop right now but somebody else might know the name in there you need

Did you check your transparency & gamut settings in Preferences? The GRID SIZE might be set to NONE.... See that it's set at medium and GRID COLORS at light.

Yes, I've been to preferences many times and can't find the problem. All settings were as you noted below. Just opened another png file and it's still a gray background. It's very frustrating because I know it has to be an easy fix but sometimes those are the buggers! Any other suggestions? Thank everyone!

Did you check your transparency & gamut settings in Preferences? The GRID SIZE might be set to NONE.... See that it's set at medium and GRID COLORS at light.

when you go to file new you have an opton of transparant, grey, black and white you obviously have grey selected when creating a new document

Here.....

Hold down Alt, Ctrl, and Shift keys (Mac: Command, Option, Shift) while starting up Photoshop. A dialog box will appear asking if you wish to delete the preferences/settings file.

when you go to file new to create a new document you get options on background
Capture.PNG

Hoogle,

It's #2.

dv8,

It's both.

Attached is a sample of a png file I opened. When I create a new file, I still get the same dark gray bkgrd.

sample of bkgrd.jpg
Contents on the background, H.

rhonda, the file you speak of... is it when you create a new file or opening a saved file?

are you sure it is not just that png file close that image down and then go to file new and see what happens It may mean a clean install

Back