What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time Sensitive Batch Color Balance Question

flipside

Hello! I work in crop research and have written a code to analyze an RGB image and determine if a pixel is senesced, crop, residue/soil, or shadow. However, this only works if the color is balanced in an image.

I do not know what the technical definition of balanced color is, but to me it relates to the RGB curves one can see in the curves mask. Over the last 5 years a colleague of mine has taken thousands of photos that I need to analyze with my system, unfortunately some have blue hues, some are overexposed, and some are just flat.

Is there any way to apply ratios or mathematical equations to the curves panel so that all images have a similar balance that will work with the code I wrote? Any help would be appreciated, and I am not wedded to doing this in photoshop if another platform offers a solution.

Thanks!

(below I included a few images to give you a feel for the variance)

Attachments

• 42rb.JPG
    42rb.JPG
    745.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN4936.JPG
    DSCN4936.JPG
    706 KB · Views: 0
  • 2165_370.3.jpg
    2165_370.3.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Well a good balanced histogram is a good start in photoshop if it looks even without to many over powering spikes you are looking at a nice evenly lit picture. Of course this is not 100% true night photograpy and your histogram will all be leading to the left and some light spikes in the middle to the right of the histogram. and that is my best advice for it really

Back