What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can i fix a serious flash intrusion on my photos with photoshop?

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
yeah, sort of left my flash on my camera, and as i was taking photos of the fireworks however (not so) riveting they were, and i didn't realise i had it on, and the flash reflected from my window pane and into the photo aaand sort of ruined every shot i had.

i was just wondering is there any way of fixing such a flash intrusion. the firework is visible through the over exposure but only slightly at best. or should i save the fuss and wait til next year?

Just the technique please, i would not like it to be done for me as i prefer to learn how to do it by following people's guide not by having them do it for me as an "example" no digs or anything just saying.

Thanks

iDad

Guru
A sample would help

Hoogle

Guru
Yeah hard to advise if it is possible if it is the equivalent of a lens flair going across the whole image then no probably not possible. But need a sample to see.

Furio

Just the technique please, i would not like it to be done for me as i prefer to learn how to do it by following people's guide not by having them do it for me as an "example" no digs or anything just saying.

That's a really good attitude! :clap:

Like the other said, it helps if we can see an example.

How can you make a sarcastic comment on somebody else's attitude, when yours stinks so bad. Smells like troll!

We're all clapping at you!

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
example, sorry it's late photobucket wasn't working last night.

IMGP2181.jpg
@hoogle, yeah, sort of a whole photo thing but they looked fixable to me that's why i asked.

@Paul, might help if all the links worked to see the extent of the flash. but unfortunately none of them do... anyway swiftly moving on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
thank you paul XD looks like i've got allot of reading to do.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
i honestly, wouldnt take what i said personally, i was up VERY late last night and my ratty behaviour tends to be the result, so sorry if it got to you.

Hoogle

Guru
Come on Zeealex Lets start the New year as we mean to go on
I would like to Think Furio was actually being genuine and with his comment I agree with it is a far better atitude to ask on how to do it than just saying Can you do ........ etc for me .

I also Think Paul was guiding you more to the answers given on the thread he linked you too and was highlighting that a similar qustion has been asked before

As to your problem where you rescue 1 thing you will loose othe aspects of the picture. Start of win steps I did a hue saturation adlustment layer lowered the master lightness and then went into green channel and boosted the saturation obviously you will need to do this with all the colours.

IMGP2181.png
If you are patient you could mask it all out and decrease exposure but really is it worth all that time

Now lets try and be a bit more positive I am sure your nt hung over like these guys are lol.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
yeah sorry unprovoked rattiness on my end :( where's the sorry button?
and if Furio was being Genuine, then increasingly sorry, no hard feelings.
And I understand now that paul was just trying to help and not highlight that i was being a dumba**, as my dumba** brain led me to believe, so maybe i am a dumba**... it's a shame there is no plastic surgery for brains XD

and i'll try that little method out or the masking before i decide that it's worth it or not. thanks.

not hungover just in desperate need for caffeine, to starbucks!

Hoogle

Guru
Oh forgot to do it on mine but if you mask of the hue saturation layer at the bottom it should improve them quite a bit. and maybe to fine tweak it go to image>adjustments>shadow highlights

I always get rid of most of it, by creating a new layer, painting it black, and setting it to overlay! ( only for night skys obviously!)

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
XD might try that later when i open it and have a play around with hoogle's technique.

Steve

Retired Administrator
yeah sorry unprovoked rattiness on my end :( where's the sorry button?
and if Furio was being Genuine, then increasingly sorry, no hard feelings.

Thank you for that Alex.
Without face to face feedback with people it's easy to misinterpret what was meant.

Most of us are likely to interpret things in the worst possible way with people we don't know.

hawkeye

Guru
That's a really good attitude! :clap:

Like the other said, it helps if we can see an example.

I agree, learning how to do it yourself rather than having it done for you, will pay dividends in the future.