What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brush Problems

jix

I opened up photoshop today and I noticed my brush strokes looked very watery and opaque. I made sure the opacity was 100% and also made sure I was using the same default brush. Can anyone help me fix this? And also I use Photoshop Elements 7.

notworking.jpg

Hoogle

Guru
I have never explored elements so this is just a guess and I am going to assume your using the default brushes and have not ticked any graphics tablets sensetivity settings.

1st option
Have you got your flow settings upto 100 %

2nd option not sure if this is in elements or not
Open up the brush window settings to check you have not changed any settings in there

3rd option but not sure how it works in elements
reset the brush tool settings you may have to google how to do that in elements.

4th option I assume is available in elements as well

reset your preference file
close down Elements and as you reopen it immediately press cntrl + shift + alt at the same time as it is loading and follow prompts to reset your preference file.

jix

It looks like a flow problem to me also but unfortunately Elements doesn't have the option to change the flow. I reset all the brush settings, and nothing changed. I also tried to reset the preference by pressing ctrl alt shift when photoshop opens, but nothing happened. No windows popped up or anything.

Hoogle

Guru
Then My friend I am sorry to say I have no idea I do not understand elements and how it works maybe trying to select a different brush and see if it happens with them all. I dont know if you have a brush mode in elements you normally get a pull down menu with about 30 options starting with Normal and includes things like lighten darken dissolve etc you could make sure that is set to normal if you have the option.

Unless somebody else knows I would reccomend reinstalling elements.

Hoogle

Guru
seems noobish I know but make sure you actually have black selected and not dark grey

Paul

Former Member
Are you using a tablet, if so make sure you are in the correct mode for usage and that you have those settings set to 100%, also tablet icon activated deactivates brush control settings.

jix

Turns out you are able to control flow in Elements! I'm not sure why they have to hide it like that...I pressed shift+0 and the flow returned to normal. Thanks everyone for trying to solve my problem! ;)

Paul

Former Member
Glad you came back. thanks for that.