What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make something like this?

Dreamers

Guru
There is a lot of things going on in the image!!

Is there a certain part in the image you are after or do you want to know how the whole image is made?

Dreamers

Guru
Wow wait a minute there,..
This is the wrong section here..!!!

Can a Mod move this thread to the board or the Newbie section?

ibclare

Queen Bee
LOL Dreamers, you sure have a point. No wait, more than one.

It certainly is a complicated image. And it's going to make a big difference in our explanations if MNDawn is an experienced Photo Shopper or a newbie. There are multiple ways to achieve the same or similar results. We can give you some methods to use for various effects if you'll indicate which you're interested in doing. You will have to have at least the basics of selection techniques, masking, and adjustment layers or you will need a tutorial. Of course, it is possible that one of us could either make or direct you to a tutorial on one of the techniques.

So, tell us more :mrgreen:

Last edited:

MidnightDawn.

hey thanks for movig
and I'm sorry that I didnt mention which part...actually the top most part of the image...it looks sorta animated....how to do that?it looks like digital painting! :-S

MidnightDawn.

this is original
htt
T4IKT.png

the person who made this definitely used colorings...but i'm not getting the effect she used along with it
the long eyelashes and the hairs!

Sierraccr

Power User
Well, I played around with this quickly.

First I duplicated the face several times and hid the copies so that I had something to play with. The bottom layer I brightened the exposure and cleaned up the shadows with with a very soft brush at 20% opacity until I got the effect I was looking for. On top of that is a layer I desaturated and then re-colorized with the blend mode on "overlay" to get the honey colored skin. The top layer is also set to "overlay" and a fairly strong surface blur applied to give the digital-painting look. I reduced the overall opacity of the top layer to around 72%.

The original you gave was quite blurry so mine isn't as sharp as the original, but I think it mimics it reasonably well. The long eyelashes on the poster above are undoubtedly drawn in freehand, which I did not do. You can, of course, play around with it to get the exact effect you want but here you go.

Face1.jpg

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Nicely done Sierra. I would also say, upon seeing the original, that the eyes have been altered with liquify giving them that rather otherworldly look.

I think there is in fact an artistic filter applied to a copy of the face and then the opacity is lowered, leaving some hints of a brush edge around the features. Some manual brushing may well be added here and there. Also, some of the filters would enlarge the eyes, then the dodge tool or some other method could be used to increase the whites of the eyes.

Last edited:

NamanyayG

Hey... Try using the cutout effect, then turn it to overlay.
plastic wrap may also work.

Anyways, awesome work Sierraccr!