What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pen tool path color

Rupert

Although I think the pen tool could be an excellent way of making selections, I find that in many situations the path color hardly shows against a midtone or gray area I want to select.
Furthermore I find the tangent line makes things worse since it's the same color as the path (gray) and can easily obscure the selection I attempt to make.
Is it really not possible to change the path color when using the pen tool?

Rupert

Thank you. I'd already tried un ticking the anti-alias guides and paths. I can use the pen tool in a few circumstances but in others where there the outline I'm trying to select has little contrast with the other parts of the image then I find it difficult to see the selection path. The other problem I mentioned is with the tangent line. Often the this falls directly over (and obscures) the curve I'm trying to select. I guess there's no solution to this.
Thanks for your help

Smokey2011

there is a solution for this.

lower the opacity of the layer that you're making a selection on. Now the lines of the path tool will be more visible.