What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird blue color

Kua Zi Ren

Hey all! I always take my photos in RAW format with my Nikon D90. I've been taking pictures in RAW for about a year and have been using Photoshop CS5 to process/edit it. However, yesterday, when I opened my RAW pictures as usual, there was a weird blue color whenever I adjust the 'Blacks' level with the CameraRAW plugin (version 6.5.0.216). *refer to attachment - before and after adjusting the 'blacks' level.My graphic card model is Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT and I wasted no time updating its drivers but it wasn't a solution to my problem. Also, I've tried resetting Photoshop preferences/settings but also with no avail.Anyone out there experienced this before? Pretty desperate for help! I have a load of RAWs to process :/Thanks in advance guys! :cheesygrin:

Attachments

• before.png
    before.png
    618.4 KB · Views: 1
  • after.png
    after.png
    564.5 KB · Views: 2

Hoogle

Guru
Have you got your original raw file upload it as a rar zip then I will be happy to take a look at it.

Kua Zi Ren

Yup, I've attached it here. However, I've tried opening my other RAW pics, same problem although I've processed without problem it months before. But do take a look at it. Thanks mate!:thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC_0279.rar
    9.2 MB · Views: 2

Kua Zi Ren

Found the solution! The blue areas is actually 'shadow clipping warning' which could be easily rectified by clicking the warning triangle. either that or just tap the 'U' key. thanks anyway!

Hoogle

Guru
Sorry only just jogged back on but you have confirmed my theory I change the colours though so they are obvious they are warnings and turn off the clipping warnings until I feel the image is just about done.