What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CardStock / Cardboard Texture Advice

Gordon Evans

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am seeking some advice in regard to how I might achieve an effect similar to the picture I've attached below. I'm most interested in knowing how you might go about creating this sort of cardboard texture with the speckled pattern. I've noticed a lot of awesome Mobile Apps using this technique and I would love to add it to my arsenal. Would you sample something else or create and overlay a texture/pattern?

I'm stumped... Looking forward to your thoughts!

Simple_Finance-04.PNG

AbdulW87

Power User
thats looking good, but IMO the thing which is missing is a slight blur.

ibclare

Queen Bee
It looks great Gordon. I agree with Abdul that if you want it to look more like the cardstock, a little blur might do it or maybe a tad more noise (assuming you used any; and if not, here's your chance!). But I like it.

Gordon Evans

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!

I will give the blurring effect a try and see what I can get! Any suggestions for what sort of blur you're thinking about (gaussian, lens etc.)?

AbdulW87

Power User
THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!

I will give the blurring effect a try and see what I can get! Any suggestions for what sort of blur you're thinking about (gaussian, lens etc.)?

yeah simple gaussian is fine, around 0.2 to 0.5 blur strength should be fine but it depends on how big or small your image is. maybe 0.1 works best.