What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*Question* How to keep/change actions when changing worspaces and after force quit PS

Leontien

I'm currently using Photoshop CS5 on a Mac and getting so frustrated with the folowing, and wondering if this is even possible:

I frequent between two workspaces and want to assign diffrent sets of actions to them. So my photography editing is done in one worspace and I'm using lot's of actions for that. When I switch to my scrapbooking workspace I want to change the actions palette accordingly. How the *** to I do that?

Im probably a bit anal and like my action palette a certain way and would like my actions to stay in a certain order. When PS freezes and I need to force quit it the order of actions is different again. I seem to recal that it is possible to save the content and order of the palette but cannot find it anywhere on the web anymore. I am saving my actions from PS to a folder organised by name but now I have to keep adding them by hand.

Hope anyone knows waht I'm talking about! TIA!

peta62

Guru
Re: *Question* How to keep/change actions when changing worspaces and after force qui

Hello,
I do not think you can do that, since palette is just the form of presentation, it does not contain any features, it just rearranges windows. I do not know whether you can save and load actions, but I am sure it will not work just with palette change.
Sorry,
Peter

Leontien

Re: *Question* How to keep/change actions when changing worspaces and after force qui

Bummer. Thanks for your answer!