What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to Emulate Style

The Gadgeteer

Hey, everyone! Nice to meet y'all!

I'm trying to emulate the idea that is on this image in a little project of mine, but I'm kinda of banging my head against the wall/keyboard more than achieving actual results (for visual reference, a smilie: :banghead:).

At first, I thought about drawing a rectangle in a layer, rotate it a bit, and put several images underneath it; I thought I would get the film reel effect that way. But it's happening that way, so far ...

I tried using Clipping Masks, but they also didn't work. And I have no idea if transforming the rectangle in a Work Path would be a good approach, much less how to actually do it.

I was hoping you guys could give me some tips and pointers.

Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• Wallpaper 6.jpg
    Wallpaper 6.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 1

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Welcome to the forum, Gadgeteer.\

If I got you correctly....

It's a straight forward design. Do everything in the normal horizontal position but on a canvass larger than you final output. When done rotate the image and crop it to final size.

Hope this helps.

The Gadgeteer

Well, actually ... LOL!
You did give me an idea to shoot for something easier (would speed up my work), but ... I wanna try something harder (because it would make the end result awesome)!

What I want to do is use a rectangle shape as a way to separate a background image from a series of images that are in a layer (or layers) above it. And I want to preserve their orientation (no rotating), and everything that isn't within the rectangle shape gets to disappear from the image.

I know, it sounds bizarre on text ... so I tried to draw what I have in mind (BTW, what I want to do has nothing to do with the game from which I'm taking the images; I just got the idea from looking at that wallpaper.:cheesygrin:)

I don't know if the idea became clearer now ... did it help?

ThatsTheIdeaAnyway.png