What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What process has been followed in the photo please?

TheBomb73

Hi. I wondered if anyone could help me replicate the filters and effects used on this photo please? Obviously I know the subject matter has been cut and pasted as a new layer but I want to recreate the vintage style feel about it. I wondered if anyone has any ideas about what process has been done to background.

With autumn looming Id like to get some nice outdoor shots in the woods of my friends and family and then duplicate this filter style.

Can anyone help please?photo.PNG

ibclare

Queen Bee
Desaturation and blur is my guess. There may also be some color shifts. The blur may just be a result of depth of field, assuming it was an on-site photo shoot. But this effect can be simulated or enhanced if desired.

AbdulW87

Power User
i didnt do any de-saturation or anything just used an adjustment layer of colour balance and adjusted the reds and blues

Figu_picture1.png

forgot to mask the sky to maintain its blueness.

Stric9

Power User
May have used blur>average then inverting on a lowered opacity to get a vintage effect.
Figu_picture1 copy.jpg