What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preview thumbnails of .psd files in Photoshop CS6?

prxd

There was a feature in CS5 and previous versions I've seen which allowed you to see a preview of a .psd file before opening it, but is not in my CS6. It was when you go to file>open and select a photoshop document, there was a small picture of it to the right or the bottom of the menu. It was extremely useful for when you are searching through psds when you forgot the name of the one you want to open, instead of opening them all. Has this feature been dropped or can I enable it somehow?
I'm using Windows 7 and Photoshop CS6 64 bit.

Your Thread Title was Confusing For Me but anyway
well, I don't know about CS5 (I don't remember) but I just checked it on CS6 x64 and yeah it doesn't show preview of PSD when selecting one, but I always use ACDSee to browse through PSD files as images.

MikeMc

McGuru
Can you see it in Bridge? I have CS5 and I only see my psd files by using bridge....

Last edited:
You can preview all your psd files by using mini bridge. It will appear at the bottom of the page. You will be able to click on the file you want and it will open in your editing space. That's It!