What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request for brother's birthday

KyranSA

Heya...I hope it isn't frowned upon to sign up, simply to make a request, but due to my absolute inability to master photoshop, I thought I might as well.Basically, I want to get my brother's face inside of the helmet of a terran marine, preferably using the Starcraft2 poster here: I'm attaching the best photos I have of his face, and would suggest you just pick the one that would work best...Just let me know if the pictures are useless to shop with, and I'll try and get his gf to take some new, nice ones.This would mean a lot to him (being an insanely big fan of SC)...not sure if I am allowed to add that i'd buy you a beer if it turns out great? cough, paypal, cough. Go wild with badassery, too, like scars and what not! :Dcheers,S

Attachments

• terran-marine_wide.jpg
    terran-marine_wide.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Welcome, KyranSA.

As a discussion forum, doing requests are at the discretion of members. Tho some may want to help you.

It would be best if you have a full front profile pic of your brother (like in the car but with out the shades).

Alright, thanks for the feedback. I'll try and get a better pic asap.

Is there any kind of standard size I should go for? Any specific file type? Just need to provide as many details to his gf as possible (South Africa and Australia have this bit of water between them, making taking a picture myself a little hard!) :D

I've found two more pictures which are a little more from the front...but they're the same quality as the previous ones...so unless a frontal shot wearing a russian cap sounds good, I'll try and get a more hq pic.

thanks again for the responses!

So I've already got a reply...and it's not looking good. His gf has said that she can't get much better photos due to lack of decent camera, as well as due to suspicions arising as to "why the hell do you want so many photos of me?"
I'll include all we've come up with and I'll just hold thumbs that at least one of the pics will do :p

Attachments

• IMG-20120925-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20120925-WA0006.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG-20120925-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20120925-WA0007.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20120925-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20120925-WA0008.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I think the 2nd one above will do the trick, I suspect it's been shot by a cellphone with bad camera ? anyway it doesn't matter co'z the Main starcraft image isn't a high resolution image itself. So I will try now.

no problem mate, in case you want to know how I did it :

1. Elliptical Marquee Face Selection (rough)
2. copy / paste on the original
3. Set opacity to 50% or so to easily align both faces
4. Select - Modify - Feather by 20
5. Select - Inverse - Delete
6. Image - Adjustment - Match Color

That's It..

I just wrote a a book's length of a reply only for my laptop to crash. Basically, a big thanks to you two! I am following those instructions from Evil Nemesis to try and do my own, but that's purely the perfectionist in me (and besides, this is a good time to learn! I'm going to be playing around with the size and width of my bros head :p as funny as that sounds!)

Back