What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can YOU create a kick ass Team badge?

Wasser88

First off, let me say that I am not totally sure this is the right section to make this request, and if it is not, please direct me to the right one:)

We are a Hockey team in need of a team logo to go on our new kit. This is no ordinary hockey club though. We are playing El-Hockey, which is for people with physical disabilities, and since resources are low, there will not be a reward.

Our shirt is that of the Denmark 1986 world cup design, and the teams initials must be included somehow. They are "JGK", and there has to be a small star above the initials, to symbolise we are defending champions, like in soccer, where you have a star on your national kit for every time you´ve won the world cup. Also, it would be awesome of you could include a crown somehow, since the "K" stands for "konger" which is Kings in danish. Further detail that could be include, but is not a must, is a floorball hockey ball, which is used in this game instead of a puck. You could also consider using the 3 lions from the danish coat of arms. But all this I leave too you creative minds:)

Hope to hear from you !

ibclare

Queen Bee
Wasser88, welcome to The Photoshop Gurus Forum. You have posted in the paid work section. I am moving this thread.

Just realize, we are primarily a Photoshop discussion and support group, not a free editing site. That does not mean that we don't do free work when there is a member who wants to do so. Please be patient and see if members come forward.

vanspitael

I would not mind taking a shot at doing this for you. I am from the USA so not exactly sure what you are looking for if you could post a example I could maybe come up with something for you. Also any particular colors that need to be used?

Wasser88

vanspitael

Any help is greatly appreciated:)

We have actually thought in the direction of NFL, NBA and NHL team logo´s, since they are often good at including team names or initials.
I dont know if it is possible to make a logo that has a floorball ball wearing a crown, and perhaps the initials JGK overlapping it? Our team colors are Red/white. Maybe something along the lines of Los Angelas Kings logo. I will include some links if you need some inspiration:)
So if it is possible, these things need to be included: Red/white colors, a crown, a star above the logo and initials.

I will PM you some, as i apparently am not allowed to include them in this post:)

Thanks again if you can pull this off !:)

vanspitael

here is something I can up with quickly. I am not happy with the letters "JKG" I am going to change them. let me know what you like and do like and I will see what I can do for you.

Attachments

• floorball badge.jpg
    floorball badge.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 38

Wasser88

That is actually way better than i expected:) Could you make the crown and the star gold instead of white? and perhaps remove the troll face:p I dont know if the fond for the initials could stand out a bit more? perhaps a deep golden color or something?

ibclare

Queen Bee
vanspitael! what the heck was the troll face all about? You may not be aware that we've had a couple "troll tirades" in the past year and images with trolls were getting banned, as well as most of the members posting them and a lot of other ridiculous Photohacking. I imagine you didn't mean anything by it, but please don't use that ugly sucker again! :eek:

:mrgreen:

vanspitael

Yeah I did not know the history of the troll here. Sorry! I was going for a angry looking ball but it did not work out the way I wanted but did not spend much time on it because was not sure if they wanted a face on the ball. Now glad I didn't spend much time on it.

Wasser88

I like it! I will run it by the Board, and get back too you:) Great work !

Btw: the idea of a face on the hockey ball actually isnt bad! Something along a angry viking would be awesome, since we are from Denmark ;)

vanspitael

after looking at it again I did not like the position of the ball and crown so I moved it down so it does not run into the initials.

Attachments

• floorball badge rev2.jpg
    floorball badge rev2.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 3

Wasser88

Agree with Clare, that IS nice work ! The board liked it too, could you perhaps make a second edition where you remove the top crown and put the star above the logo instead? cuz they werent sure they´d be able to print the top crown on the shirts, but the first one is the one we are going for if it is possible:) Again, thank you very very much, quick and talented work:)

vanspitael

here it is. I am glad you like it.

Attachments

• floorball badge rev3.jpg
    floorball badge rev3.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 3

Odachi

The troll face is not that bad actually.. although..it has more of a shocked look instead of an angry look.

nice result in the end :)