What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

polarbear_ed

Hey guys, I need to shop a bag of ice onto a hypothetical logo for a video media assignment... which one looks better?:question:

Where do I go to now? I want it to really pop but the colours look washed out... :neutral:

I'd really appreciate pointers, if you're good at PS and you can give it a shot I'd love that too...

ICE.pngScreen Shot 2012-10-27 at 6.09.46 PM.png

View attachment ICE.psd

polarbear_ed

Hey, I'm now just looking for any feedback... this is a pretty dead thread. No responses so far... I was thinking that adding a shadow behind the outer border would make it more lively..

Paul

Former Member
Personally i would loose the outer circle and just fade out to nothing the blue and white segments.

ibclare

Queen Bee
What do you think of this? And btw, we don't mean to overlook a thread, so thanks for bringing it back. Sometimes it does happen that no one is interested who happens to open your post. Actually, I never got to your "dead post" remark till I had already played with the psd. Anyway:

ICE.jpg

Another thing I would try is taking the original bag you have (the 2nd one) and putting the layer on top. The give it a different blend mode, like overlay or soft light, maybe lower the opacity. The idea of this being to put some detail and sparkle into the ice cubes. <<< I tried this; it didn't work very well. Well, just some ideas. If you like the change, I'll explain later as I have to go to work shortly.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi PB,

When I read your post I wasn't sure if it was just the bag of Ice you were wanting to improve or the overall image itself. I worked up a version where I just took the main components of your original, created separate layers for each, and then added layer styles the outer ring and the spokes. Mostly bevel and emboss and drop shadows. I also added a shadow for the Ice bag itself. I don't know if I'm on the right track for helping you.

IceBag_01.jpg

polarbear_ed

Hey guys, thank-you so much!

I'm going to keep working on the logo for a finished product and I think I'll definitely add a bevel and shadow.
I like the redesign as-well. It's given me a good idea of what I need to do and I'll probably end up using it to finish the design if that's fine with you.

-Layer blending
-Bevel, shadow
-

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Pb_ed,

Your welcome and glad we all could help. Sometimes a fresh perspective from others is all we need to give our creativity a kick start.

Good luck!