What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I made it to a semi-finalist in a contest

hershy314

Guru
Just got an email today saying that I am a semi-finalist in a contest with Chyrsler and John Varvatos. Now on to phase 2 of the contest. I'm not 100% sure what I have to do now, I'm still going over the information. I really don't expect to go much further or even win the grand prize. Just thought I would share cause I honestly did not think I would even make it this far.

Paul

Former Member
Congratulations, it is a nice feeling when something like this happens whether you win it or not - you had a go.

Paul

Former Member
Care to share the images or are they only for that contest?

hershy314

Guru
I think I can share, but I wont really know...I'm going to print out the rules and such later and go over them. If I can share I will, but I want to make sure that I wont get in trouble first. Oh btw being a semi-finalist I won $1,000 (I think). Just gotta fill out a couple papers and such. Shouldn't be too hard.

hershy314

Guru
This is what I submitted in round 1

spooky.jpg

Paul

Former Member
Very moody image, the sides needed to be softened too, in my opinion.

hershy314

Guru
Well that image got me this far, but I will take your advice Paul. And Thanks Clare. I dunno if I want to go all the way honestly. The grand prize is attending a benefit thing in L.A, Ca. Not sure what it is, but something tells me I'd have to ware a suit. I don't do suits.

Inkz

Guru
Congratulations on getting that far buddy....

As Paul said, it's certainly a feel-good factor to be noticed for your work. I hope you do win but even if you don't, you can hold your head up proudly.

Btw, what is the grand prize?

hershy314

Guru
Congratulations on getting that far buddy....

As Paul said, it's certainly a feel-good factor to be noticed for your work. I hope you do win but even if you don't, you can hold your head up proudly.

Btw, what is the grand prize?

The grand prize is attending a benefit thing in L.A, Ca. And a chance to meet John Varvatos and 5 grand. I'll take the 5gs. If I do win I gotta figure out who to take.

Well done and if you do get that grand prize then well done it always feels good when your work gets noticed

hershy314

Guru
I was playing around and came up with this. THIS IS NOT FOR THE CONTEST. So I have no problem showing it too you peoples. I used some stock photos that were given to me by the contest sponsors. BU012_181EV.jpg
The reason I used the Timeless Classic tag was cause the Chrysler 300 series began in 1955. Even from the beginning the whole idea of the car was high performance luxury. Yeah I'm a bit of a gear head.

Dataflow

Power User
i would integrate the text more into the scene so it looks like its in the scene instead of just in the front.
and i would see how a view from the front of the car looks rather then from the back