What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More OOB Questions ?

MikeMc

McGuru
I love this whole thing. I have followed the contest...Ali still blows me away!! So chitkaren started it up and I too have played. I have the picture frame deal down well with a made background layer.

What I cannot get into my thick head is how to have things pop out of a TV or window? :banghead::banghead:

Here are a few frame ups.....

mudder.jpg

DonaldOOB.jpg

pitcher_oob.jpg

any help is always needed..let er rip! :yourock::yourock::yourock:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Mike, I would say that you definitely have a grasp on the OOB effect.

The first one is not working for me as an OOB. I like the image though!
The second is great. Needs a shadow! (on the edge of and outside the frame)
The third is a fantastic OOB, just needs a different background and shadow.
You have some ghosting in the areas I circled:

pitcher_oob copy.jpg

Here's a TV OOB on YT that might help.

Last edited:

MikeMc

McGuru
Thanks Sam.... The first one was a OOPS....I posted the wrong Image...The truck was a leftover..I thought it was gone..this was what I THOUGHT I posted...:banghead:

BMWOOB.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, I like this one!

How did you remove the car from it's background?

MikeMc

McGuru
That was done with select tool made a mask, cleaned it up. I use a series of masks and refine edges. I did get a first try with a TV...its ok

EB.jpg

D2AP

Pretty good, but clean up the edges. Refine edge can help.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This TV OOB is very well done! Great idea with plenty of directions in which to expand on the concept. Maybe just a little too much of the room though, try tightening up your shot/view.

I like this because I think the Photo frame OOB's are far to common.

I agree with Clare, the Pen Tool is the only way your ever going to get the clean edges required for this type of effect.

MikeMc

McGuru
Thanks folks....The pen tool will make a huge difference for me...once I get it down...I do agree that it should be tighter...more Playin!! I know the front tire on the beemer would of made a big difference with the pentool

ibclare

Queen Bee
Yeah, one day like I did , you'll find you can't live without it! :rofl:

Seriously though, I look back at some of my older work and wonder how could I accept that? And then I fix it with the pen tool.