What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help photoshopping someone into a picture

amac1222

I had wonderful family pictures taken for our Christmas card, however, I really wanted our puppy in it, but she is 80lb lab who is still hard to handle. Is there a way to put her in our Christmas pic without it being totally obvious its fixed? Ive tried tutorials and cannot seem to figure it out :( PLEASE HELP

AMac

Rob_IMX

Can we see the source pictures. It'll give me an idea of what can be done :)

amac1222

8803_10200167085406421_629735283_n.jpg009.JPG
The black and white is what I want to use...however the pic of my dog I want to use is in color...I want to some how insert her left of my son in the black and white photo.

Inkz

Guru
Nice work Rob...

The shadow on the dog actually fits in within the new image. Sweet.

MrPixel

Good work Rob, i like how you paid attention to detail and added in the leash good thinking mate.

Tom Mann

Guru
Definitely excellent work! I particularly like the way you masked things so it appears that the dog is in front of the wife, but in back of the kid. Another +1 for the leash!

Tom M

D2AP

What leash is everyone talking about? If everyone is referring to the cord running from the dogs neck that isn't a leash and was in the original picture. And good job on the Photoshop. Great idea putting the dog in front of the women but behind her son. It gave it great sense of depth and I think help blend everything and tie it all together.

Rob_IMX

LOL..actually I didn't even notice the leash. I'm pretty sure that's just an electrical cable in the back.. hehe, just happened to line up perfectly. One of those Photoshop mysteries :p

Rob_IMX

Brightness on Dog is more.. compared to Lady and boy.. isnt it ?

Yes it is..I dropped it a little using Curves but unfortunately the dog was oversaturated in the source photo so there was little I could do.

ibclare

Queen Bee
IK about the leash thing Rob. I said it as a joke since I could see the wire from the original. And I agree, the dog looks too washed out to get the details back.

Nice job guys. :mrgreen: