What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How was this image made?

BeastlySerenity

Hey all,
I really like the "ghostly shadow plasma" in this picture. Could you guys explain to me as much possible how this image was made?

Attachments

• ShadowMan.jpg
    ShadowMan.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Looks like an inked drawing that's been blurred and then smoke and eyes added is all. Quite simple to do I would imagine.

ibclare

Queen Bee
"Blend if" (layer effects) will give results like the grungy smoke and edges. The main figure is most likely a separate layer and filled with black. An outer glow can be made with grey to produce the fuzzy grey around the figure. And like Medic said, smoke brushes, maybe an ink drawing. That's what I would do to reproduce this. Oh yeah, personally, I'd skip the holes for eyes!

D2AP

"Blend if" (layer effects) will give results like the grungy smoke and edges. The main figure is most likely a separate layer and filled with black. An outer glow can be made with grey to produce the fuzzy grey around the figure. And like Medic said, smoke brushes, maybe an ink drawing. That's what I would do to reproduce this. Oh yeah, personally, I'd skip the holes for eyes!
I'm in agree with with ibclare on this one.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Try this:

Layer 1 White background

Layer 2 Dark ominous figure blurred to 5.0 Gaussian.
wolf02.jpg

Layer 3 Spooky smoke made with smoke brushes. Erased area where eye's go.
wolf03.jpg

Layer 4 Brush work around ominous figure. Brush at 25% opacity.
wolf04.jpg

Combined layers and Final image.
wolf05.jpg

Great work IamSam, I like it , I believe red and blue colors will just make this image awesome.

Yup I have tons of brushes smokes / fires / explosions and they always come in handy.