What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ph0t0girl

Hello,

This is my first post, so please bear with me if I don't do this correctly. I have an image of a dog that I'm editing. I took the photo in a studio with a white backdrop. I want to remove a shadow that is behind the dog so the whole background is white. I do not want to lose the detail in the fur of the dog. I've tried doing a mask layer with making the background white. I've also tried the dodge tool. I've tried the selection tool but it looks too cut out.

What would you suggest?

Thanks!

:eek:

valravn

this is what i do: selecting the dog by hand, using thing like magic want, magnetic lasso, etc.. and refining with a fine, soft brush while zoomed in.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Ph0t0girl, this is truly the wrong section. This is where tutorials are posted. I am moving your thread to general photoshop. :mrgreen: