What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change color?

dpuk44

I have PNG of a PINK tape measure and I want to change the color of it to or as close to as #06b085 using an adjustment layer. how could this be done.

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Yes, but because you have a specific colour in mind you would have to adjust>check>adjust>check etc

Add an adjustment layer for Hue/Saturation and play until you get the colour you want.

iDad

Guru
I would select the area you want to change. copy and paste it just a selected area on a new layer>
Open color overlay> switch the layer mode to Hard light> click on the color icon change the color to06b085 pretty sure that should do it

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here's how I went about it. It's similar to what Remote-Medic describes.

This may not be the type of tape measure your using but I had a 50 50 shot at it!

I desaturated the original.

TM1.pngTM2.png

I then created a new layer and filled it with the exact color (06b085). I placed the desatted tape measure on top of the color layer.

TM3.png

On the tape measure layer, I then used a Hue/Saturation adjustment. I selected colorize, and then played with the sliders until I came close to the background color.

TM4.pngTM5.png

I then turned off the background color layer. It's fairly close.

TM6.png

HTH! Good Luck!