What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with my Proposal

ucdt15

Hello all, thank you for taking your time in viewing this post. I will be proposing to my long time g/f on Christmas morning and would like to surprise her with a photo of me "proposing" to her. I have a picture of her candidly looking towards me with a cheesy surprised look on her face. I did my best in taking a photo of myself on a knee. I would thoroughly appreciate if someone could take the time in putting the two together and into the background I have chosen. Thanks a lot and I appreciate your time once again!

If this is not at all possible, any tree will do. I realize my photo is dark, but I apologize. If this is entirely tasking, please let me know and I will compensate you for helping me in such a big way!!

Attachments

• 402893_2298873242305_616904775_n.jpg
    402893_2298873242305_616904775_n.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1345.PNG
    IMG_1345.PNG
    856.6 KB · Views: 4

iDad

Guru
" will compensate you for helping me in such a big way!!" is this something for print or device use?

BTW the lighting is all wrong thats some serious time to get it right

Last edited:

Rob_IMX

unfortunately, the photo of you is pretty low quality so it's extremely difficult to color match, here's a quick edit, but as you can see, the colors on you are way off :S

xmas_propose.jpg

ucdt15

THANK YOU all who have responded! I actually love it the way it is. The poor lighting makes it look cheesy / cartoonish which will be perfect for her to be like "What the he**?" I knew the photos were poor, but I love the final outcome!!!

ibclare

Queen Bee
Just for future reference, the worst part of the lighting was that you took the picture with a window behind you, like taking a snapshot into the sun. So avoid that and tings will match up better. Anyway, I'm glad you have what you need.

Congratulations and good luck. I don't think you need it, the luck that is. Any guy who could come up with such a corny, romantic way to propose to me would have already won my heart!

Merry Christmas!

iDad

Guru
Hey chit, try messing around with shadows/highlights on the image of the guy separately you may be able to get a closer contrast to the girls lighting

ucdt15

I actually was able to get the lighting of myself closer to hers also using the shadows mainly, but contrast and highlights helped a lot also. Sorry I didn't post the photo like that originally.

iDad

Guru
I do that all the time..........ugh!

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Only one problem guys.

with that POV and perspective, ucdt15 looks like he's proposing to the tree.....

Enlarge him a bit and bring his knees same level as the girl's feet.

Last edited:
Just for future reference, the worst part of the lighting was that you took the picture with a window behind you, like taking a snapshot into the sun. So avoid that and tings will match up better. Anyway, I'm glad you have what you need.
Yes, actually many ppl ignore many basic things while taking photographs... I was also like that few years back
Congratulations and good luck. I don't think you need it, the luck that is. Any guy who could come up with such a corny, romantic way to propose to me would have already won my heart!
Merry Christmas!
I'm listening... View attachment 15.gif