What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question! What are these called?

Jessicayla

Hoopy Frood
I've been trying to search for brushes of these line things for a while!
I was wondering what these are called, as that would make my search a lot easier!
What I'm referring to is these line designs, like the ones in this picture:

tumblr_mcq6ywcj9U1qaf9aso1_1280.jpg

The ones on the top and bottom. Does anyone know what these are called?
Thanks in advance! :)

If you google decorative ornate elements you will go close to finding them, i think there called something like boodeens but thats not the word but i'm pretty sure they start with the letter B.

Thank you! With that information, I looked at some sites and figured out a lot of people just call them dividers, horizontal dividers, style dividers, etc. Simple enough!

There is no fancy name for them, as far as I am aware. Just a few boring words- Line dividers, Separators, etc.

There are also special fonts full of ornaments like these. Look up the fonts on your system or google.

allright, thanks for that. I never thought they where called by dividers or something like that.
Going to make a few like them myself, using the Pentool make a swirly thing then stroke it with the pen presure on......

I've been trying to search for brushes of these line things for a while!
I was wondering what these are called, as that would make my search a lot easier!
What I'm referring to is these line designs, like the ones in this picture:

View attachment 25752

The ones on the top and bottom. Does anyone know what these are called?
Thanks in advance! :)

Simply said, these are just flourishes or ornaments. As said by others, you can google for them. But if you need something unique or one of a kind, the best source is from you - with the pen , marquee and shape tools . Dingbat font types may also help. ;)

dagger brush? that allready sounds cool :) thanks, will try and find on the net for the brush. Found some nice fonts aswell, thanks to this thread.

These are called line dividers, Google gives a fair view results.

stock-illustration-6333360-decorative-dividers.jpg

A couple of years ago I used to have a collection of those hundreds I had a computer problem lost everything......frustrating I paid for those tooI just can't remember where I got them all vector also

That sucks Dad, pretty sure I could find some if needed. I used some of these when I made the old Apocalypse posters. Always handy to have stashed somewhere.

Back