What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CS6 Extended Trial Pop-Up on a registered boxed copy

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
On April 17th, 2012 I purchased and registered my boxed copy of Photoshop CS6 Extended.

I recently updated to 13.0.2 and now I am now getting a trial version pop-up saying I need to register my trial version, which I don't have!

I have done an extensive search and it seems that no one has a fix for this problem! There are way too many quick fixes on the net that don't appear to be working, even uninstalling and a reinstall is not working. I want to be patient as it's reported that Adobe is aware of the problem and working on it, but it's driving me crazy!

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nobody?

Is anyone else running CS6 Extended?

Anyone else update to 13.0.2?

besmirched

Power User
You could try cracking photoshop and then reinstalling later when adobe fixes the problem. But i would wait as that's the sensible thing to do.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Have you talked directly to Adobe? I have found them to be helpful. You can access all of your download info etc by going to their site and go to My Adobe. You can download it again as long as you don't exceed installation on more than 2 computers.
Oops, you said you got a boxed copy, so the download idea might still work if you registered as you said. Just ask them.

Last edited:

MikeMc

McGuru
try using your serial number on the trial...it may accept it

Yunsha

Start your PS. On the top menu go to Help, then there choose Activate if its selectable.

Complet the activation procedure with your serial that provided with your boxed version.

If there is no Activate (instead there is a greyed out Deactivate), call Adobe Support for help.

adobeactivate.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks everyone for the replies!

besmirched said:
But i would wait as that's the sensible thing to do.
Thanks, this is what I plan to do is to be patient. I guess my biggest issue is that after paying what I did for Ps, I expect it to work as advertised! This should not be happening, period.

Dennis said:
Maybe you could find a way to downgrade to 13.0.1 again?
This could actually work! I will check into it!

ALB said:
Have you talked directly to Adobe?
Yes, helpful but their hands are tied until the developers get back from the holidays.

Mike said:
try using your serial number on the trial...it may accept it
The pop up is, of course, counting down. I have 28 days left. I've read that you can use your serial number again on that same computer and it will just start the pop up countdown all over again. So I will wait, re-enter my serial and start over until Adobe issues a fix.

Yunsha said:
If there is no Activate (instead there is a greyed out Deactivate), call Adobe Support for help.
Mine has the greyed out Deactivate.

Again, Thanks for the replies.

I'm not actually looking for a fix from anyone other than Adobe. I just wanted to see if anyone else in the PsGuru community is having the same problems with Ps CS6 Exended 13.0.2 upgrade.

Yeah tons of people are having that problem, just look at the front page of the adobe photoshop forums. Adobe is aware of it and will work on a fix when they get back from christmas vacation. No time estimate though.