What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some help. Putting an image on a wall...

Hey all.
I need some help. I have an image that I would like to put on a tin wall. The image of the photo is attached.
I have a logo that I want to put on it. I want it to look like it belongs there. I added a new layer, added the logo to the layer and made it set the opacity to 20-70%. I tried different opacity percentages. It didn't work too well. Then I feathered the edges and it still didn't look right. I can't quite figure out what I'm missing to make it look right. I can send someone the logo if they want, I just don't want to post it here. The logo is almost circular with nothing transparent in the middle if that helps.
Can anyone tell me what I can do to make it look like it belongs there?
ANY suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
-rooster

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 23

ibclare

Queen Bee
This job would benefit from use of the displacement filter. It works on the principle of applying the light and shadow of the tin ripples to bend the image you have applied over it. Here's an example of that:

tin-map.jpg

No the best logo for the BG, lol. If you're interested, I can describe the steps for you.

If you could explain the steps, that would be awesome. I went to filter > distort, but not sure about the map part.
It's not Actually going to be the whole bg. It might not even be the exact tin I go with. It's going to be a part of a roof for the header of the page. Hard to explain but after I finish, I'll be glad to show you.

I looked it up and I got it. I used overlay with 70% opacity. It's awesome! I'll have to play around with it a little, but so far it's awesome!
thanks again! After I finish it all, I'll show you both.

Thanks again!