What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ear fix (Reguest)

MrLOD

Hello everyone! I need your help on this one...
You see, a friend of mine took a picture of himself. He really likes it. However, there is a small problem... When he was looking at the camera he wasn't looking directly at the camera, he looks as if he just about to turn his head on his right. However, you can only tell that such thing actually happens only by looking at his ears (yeah, that's why they look like that, he doesn't have a problem or something!). Anyway...he asked me if I could fix that, if I could make the ear on the left (the left side of the picture below) look more like that other one, without having the lighting or the quality of the picture ruined. I know I can't do it, I tried, but the lighting was horrible. Can you?
ear.jpg
(P.S. I know that the image quality is not very good, but the picture will be later resized and some of the 'noise' will be removed)
(P.S.2. The correct title is Request!)

Last edited:
Wow! That's a great job!
However, it feels somewhat awkward to say that...uhm...you fixed the wrong ear. (When I said in my first post left, I meant the left side of the picture as we see it, not the guy's left ear!).
Anyway, you really don't have to make it again if you don't want to. If no one else is willing to give it a try, then, I'll use that picture of yours to make further adjustments to the original one.

I see..! Well, it's a very easy fix, will take a few minutes. But how are you gonna use this image with his blurred face?

Thanks a lot! It's great! As for the blurred face...well, I did it because my friend doesn't like showing his face around, but that's not a problem. I'll just crop the fixed ear, place it on the original image and make any adjustments required, so that it fits.

If you have that much knowledge in photoshop how come you couldn't shop the ear? :)
+ fixed the image a bit ear.jpg

Last edited:
I'm quite an amateur...cropping and moving stuff is what I am good at because that's why I use GIMP: I make images form other images. Sometimes I do that to make presentations and stuff.
However, editing pictures like the way you did is something that I not yet familiar with....Anyway, thank you a lot!

Back