What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop cs6 30 day trial version question

Pickford64

Is there anyone online that can help me with questions I have for the cs6 30 day trial? I downloaded the trial to help me complete a high school class assignment at home. My task is to recreate Kevin from the movie UP and I cannot manage to use the pen tool properly to make his feathers look anything more than a painting instead! I am so frustrated. Can anyone with experience help me?

MikeMc

McGuru
I'm sorry....cannot happen in 30 days.

:rofl::rofl:

I have a couple of years into PS and will not admit any skill with the pen tool

Pickford64

I'm trying to recreate Kevin from the movie up. I've tried my best to make the feathers and match the colors, but to me it looks like, well, crap. It just looks like a painting; colors put together and whatnot. I need to use filters but do not have the ones that I Need tot make the picture the way my teacher wants it. The school has cs5, and has more filters that doesn't come automatically with the cs6 trial version of photoshop which is what i have. Is there anyway you can help me? Or where I can get the filters that I need? I need this done by Wednesday afternoon, but would like to have it done by today...

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Pickford, I'm willing to help you anyway I can.

I will not do your work for you.

If the computer at school has the proper filters you need, then perhaps you may need to wait until your back in school.
The feathers created in the animation programs used by Disney/Pixar would take a very experienced shopper a very long time to re-create in Photoshop.

Maybe you could post an example of the feathers or feathered area that your trying to recreate and we can offer some ideas on how you can accomplish the effect.

Steve

Retired Administrator
Post what you've done so far Pickford.
No way to know what we can do to help without knowing the problems you're having.
Like Sam said we'll help you do it yourself, we won't do it for you.