What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I pull reflections from one image and paste it on another?

faemow

Hello! I'm new to this forum, however I cannot call myself an expert, I just can get by.

I'm having difficulties trying to pull some window reflections from one image and paste it on top of another i.e. a forest image. (I have attached an image.)

I have tried multiplying and changing the opacity however all the reflections disappear.

What are the procedures to get this to happen?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• reflection.jpg
    reflection.jpg
    617.3 KB · Views: 2

chrisix

Guru
so you want the tables and chairs which you can view through the window gone, and only the reflected objects visible?

rufinatti

Power User
Hello! I'm new to this forum, however I cannot call myself an expert, I just can get by.

I'm having difficulties trying to pull some window reflections from one image and paste it on top of another i.e. a forest image. (I have attached an image.)

I have tried multiplying and changing the opacity however all the reflections disappear.

What are the procedures to get this to happen?

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure I fully understand what effect you are trying to achieve. Take a look at the attached image. If this is what you are trying to accomplish, then it's a simple matter of putting the window reflections on top of the forrest and applying a blend mode of "Screen".

rUzdaDP.png

rufinatti

Power User
Another option...

This is exactly as above; just using your full image.

fMOryMC.jpg

-or-

maybe you are trying to achieve an effect like the one below.

pKlapVV.jpg

In this case, setup is exactly the same as described in the post above with the addition of the following layer mask attached to the reflections layer to block out all the white bits of the office.

NpHjphf.jpg