What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to type a special character like degree symbol (e.g. 70 degrees F)

John23456

Assume PS CS6. I cannot find an easy way. I have tried Character Panel, select the superscipt and type letter o
for degree symbol. But how to get it directly?

Inkz

Guru
Couldn't you just use the "O" and then free transform to the size and shape you need.

Not sure if there is a direct way.

Last edited:

RTContent

Power User
You can also copy it from this forum and paste it in Ps. °°°°°°°°°°°°

monelle

Very useful information. I had never heard of these. Thank you, and thanks for the sites!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In Photoshop CS6. At least on a mac, all you have to do is is press and hold OPTION/ALT + 0 key for the degree symbol.

OPTION/ALT + 3 key for the £ symbol/sign.................and so on.

erickzind

In Photoshop CS6. At least on a mac, all you have to do is is press and hold OPTION/ALT + 0 key for the degree symbol.

OPTION/ALT + 3 key for the £ symbol/sign.................and so on.

For mac alternatives

Using keyboard shortcuts : OPTION + SHIFT + 8
Another one: OPTION + K
And the last one: OPTION + 0

Also, suppose you forgot keyboard shortcuts. Now press CONTROL + COMMAND + SPACE right away from the keyboard. The symbol manager will then open. Just type the expression you want in the top search bar. When we enter in "degree", we will show the necessary results. You can now access all math symbols.

Last edited by a moderator: