What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving 3508x2480 :S

Samohtvii

Ok Guys,

I have a very large image I need to export as a jpg, or gif, or png or any image type but whenever I do the gradients turn out terrible and the overall quality isn't much better. Mainly though the gradients turn into blocky areas and not smooth like it looks in PS. How can I export it to keep it looking as good as photoshop?

If resizing the image would help that can be done but I don't see how it would.

Thanks

Gerard Cruz

Make sure your document's original resolution is 3508x2480. If not, and the original file resolution is smaller, then resizing the document to a higher resolution would usually mean quality loss.

When you save it as JPEG, you can set it's quality to 12 for maximum quality. As for PNG it should automatically be optimized for best quality. Usually when you save an image to GIF format the quality goes down. As much as possible save in JPEG or PNG for optimum quality. You can also try to use TIFF as your file type but the file size will be big. If saving in the formats I have mentioned, try this:

1. File > Save for Web and Devices
2. Put the settings below:
Screenshot (23).png

Hopefully this solves your problem! :)