What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[FREE] Logo for business

huggy11911

Can somebody please help me out with a logo. I am creating an online website for a local business called Adirondack Title Searching. I am in desperate need for a logo. The business does searches for lands and homes and all that.

The website is not up and running yet so there is not link, but the basic colors of the website are green and white right now. The logo can be just about anything you please, it could be a straight up picture, it could be text or even a mix. I am not very picky and either is the client. I just need a logo that will look professional! You guys are the experts! The text could say Adirondack Title Searching, ADK, Adirondack Title, etc. Whatever works! I have no money as of right now so I have to request it to be free, but if everything goes right I will need a lot more and I will have more money and then we will start the paying business!

If it wouldn't to much to ask, if someone could also make a banner. The banner I am not so worried about, I just think it would give the site a little more style, just figured I'd ask while I am at it. The logo is what I am in desperate need for at the moment!

THank you!! I really hope to hear back from someone, and if anyone needs more information just let me know and I will give you any information you need. But like I said I am not picky at all!

Nothing wrong with your post...

I actually have some spare time. So I can put together a logo for you.

haha okay you got me thinking there! I kept reading it over and over trying to find what was wrong with it!

If you could please put me a logo together I would really appreciate it. I have actually been looking at your posts and work on here and it is amazing! Your really good! Pretty much whatever you think would look good, like I said the colors as of right now are green and white.

The company is from upstate New York near the Adirondacks basically. So whatever you think would look good is good with me!

I have the same question. I am unclear as to what exactly the business might need to convey with its logo and that's very important. We have your color ideas, but any idea if you want just initials, an image? If an image, what sort comes to your mind? Do you want perhaps a map type image for a BG? If so, what is the area? Would you like a picture of homes or other real estate? I have in mind that these would be watermark like backgrounds. Maybe you would find interesting a text logo following the shape of a home or what their most popular searches might be?

If it is possible, could you make the logo look a little adirondacky? I had one logo that I created and it had the Adironack mountains in the background and some text on it but the logo didn't look right but the client liked the logo. I'm pretty much putting it in your hands, I am not artistic at all or very creative. I was just thinking adirondacks in some way. I don't care if it is words or a picture or anything. If some way you could implement the adirondacks into it that would be awesome, but that is really all I care about. And the size of it, i don't know if it matters or not, but the size of it can just be the regular logo size. haha

I have the same question. I am unclear as to what exactly the business might need to convey with its logo and that's very important. We have your color ideas, but any idea if you want just initials, an image? If an image, what sort comes to your mind? Do you want perhaps a map type image for a BG? If so, what is the area? Would you like a picture of homes or other real estate? I have in mind that these would be watermark like backgrounds. Maybe you would find interesting a text logo following the shape of a home or what their most popular searches might be?

I liked your last idea, a text logo with a shape of a home. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. I would say Adirondack Title Searching, but it seems a little song, so if that doesn't look right you could drop it to Adirondack Title.

Sorry, I am not very good at giving all these details. I have never actaully needed to request or even create a logo before! I'm sorry! But the text Idea would be good, with the shape of a home, I don't knwo if it would be possible to add something to it to make it look more like it is from the Adirondacks, or make it look a little more 'Adirondacky' I guess(I know its not a word but I don't know how to describe it)

Thanks for all the help!

Wait...

Is this logo for you or a client?

I had one logo that I created and it had the Adironack mountains in the background and some text on it but the logo didn't look right but the client liked the logo.

The background I used for her logo was the first picture it shows. It should be the Adirodnack mountains. I had text in the upper right hand corner just saying Adirondack Title Searching, but the picture came out looking very weird and it didnt even look professional so i junked it.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=1HVTHUTpem647M&tbnid=-BqWLGwAxavGnM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lake-placid-area-guide.com%2Fadirondack-mountains.html&ei=WbMzUZ6FMufL0wG2pICgBg&bvm=bv.43148975,d.dmQ&psig=AFQjCNH-xdBA82esB_rg-EPE_9jcFV6BfQ&ust=1362429142429068

Well, I haven't been back to see your posts in a bit, but here is a preliminary idea. I won't do more till I get ur feedback. By then you should have some other examples to contemplate, like from Inkz, who as you have already stated, does excellent work.

ATS-1.jpgATS-2.jpg

Yes, well Inkz is correct. You are correct too iDad in saying that this is for a commercial enterprise. But in this particular case, it is the web designer who is trying to cash in, not the title search company. And the OP said that he hopes to come back and offer us freelance jobs once he gets his business established. That may or may not happen, but many of us can sympathize with getting our own commercial enterprise off the ground with no budget to speak of and needing help.

In my opinion, it is much harder to ask for free help than to scrape up a few dollars. I've had to "swallow my pride" when I haven't had anything left to scrape up. So anyway, it's our choice. The only reason I WM'd mine was in the hope it would bring the OP back, rather than having the image just get lifted and the OP disappear as we have had done just recently. You may recall the discussion that ensued those two jobs.

And btw, Inkz, very nice logo, great use of the mtn for the A. All in all, a professional logo entry.

Mine are often, as my late husband said of some things I did, a bit lily-gilt. Meaning maybe a little more added than needed, lol.

Last edited:
Op is saying this is for his mom?

Hey everyone, sorry I didn't get back to you right off yesterday! I ended up having somethings I had to run out and do. But I really do appreciate all the help and the logos! I like all of the logos you guys sent me. And yes I do plan on coming back to you guys once I get my name out there and get some people coming to me. I plan to create a website for website design and I will need a logo for that and maybe even a layout created which I would pay for.

As for this logo, I liked the one inkz sent and the first one ibclare sent! I showed my mom ( I am creating the website for her business so I can get a reference for websites I have created. I have created more than one website but there businesses never worked out an they didnt realize how hard it was to get a business going online). She also liked the one inkz sent, she just had one request, if by any chance you could change the last part from 'search' to 'searching'. And she didn't know if adding like a darker green would be to difficult or to much to ask. if adding color would to much of a hassle don't even worry about it.

As of the one ibclare sent, I was wondering if I myself could stretch it out and make that into a banner? I would love to put a banner on this site, and i figured that one could work. The other ones seem to wide to do the trick.

And, I was wondering if you guys would want me to reference you on the site. She has no problem with it seeing how you helped us out. I could even put a link to you guys and maybe make you guys some money. That's up to how you guys want to do it though. I just figured that could be the least I could do.

Thank you guys so much though! Sorry for not getting right back to you!

you made websites before, yet you don't know how to make a web site layout?

Back