What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request: Help or give me advice how to edit this

Nataniel

So I wanted to make something great or mystical out of the pictures of my friend. Any idea how to edit some of these pictures?
I'm doing this as a favor to a friend of mine. Editing is not my forte. Usually, I'm the dude holding the camera. So help would be great. Thanks.

goddess_shot_by_gmroza-d5rqch4.jpgshowing_off_my_heels__part_2__by_gmroza-d5qcvx9.jpg

227718_583090088372311_555382675_n.jpg

321372_583090035038983_2010266299_n.jpg

226706_583086741705979_105941781_n.jpg

iDad

Guru
View attachment 30223Here is one idea for you select the outer surroundings of the subject copy paste it to a new layer iand add clouds effect.
(oops use Gaussian blur about 20 pixels or so on the new layer)

>Render> difference clouds click a few times for color choice preference

privateeye

GirlEdited.jpg

I was just playing about but here's what you can do to achieve this:

1. Duplicate the layer of the photo
2. Then go to Filter > Gaussian Blur and set the level fairly high (I used around 70) - you want the details to be blurred out
3. Invert (Ctrl + I, i think) this new layer and set the layer blending mode to Linear Light, and turn down the opacity to around 79%
4. Add a curves layer and play about with the curves - if you're new to this just select the Medium Contrast preset.
5. Maybe as a final touch you can add a levels layer and just tweak the blacks and whites slightly.

iDad

Guru
This was a request job yesterday (whatever happened to that) shouldnt you watermark?

Nataniel

She has no idea how to post some pics and asked me for help. I guess, I can just take a shot at editing. Thanks for the advices btw.

Alisha Medusa

View attachment 30225

I was just playing about but here's what you can do to achieve this:

1. Duplicate the layer of the photo
2. Then go to Filter > Gaussian Blur and set the level fairly high (I used around 70) - you want the details to be blurred out
3. Invert (Ctrl + I, i think) this new layer and set the layer blending mode to Linear Light, and turn down the opacity to around 79%
4. Add a curves layer and play about with the curves - if you're new to this just select the Medium Contrast preset.
5. Maybe as a final touch you can add a levels layer and just tweak the blacks and whites slightly.

Just died. That's magnificent. Wow.... I'm good, but I'm not THAT good!

ibclare

Queen Bee
This is a request in the general PS forum, not freelance. Of course, it is anyone's option to watermark if they don't want their image lifted and used as the OP's own. The OP is requesting guidance as everyone has realized and given. Again, the WM isn't necessary, but certainly understandable.