What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tattoo Ideas - Steam Punk style Yin-Yang

Txupport

Im about to start working on my next piece, and figured I would set out on a number of digital media forums in search of anyone interested in posting their ideas, alterations, or their own work if so inclined. The general idea sprang from a movie released back in fall 2012, Tai-Chi 0, although not my type of movie, the Yin-Yang I saw really stuck with me for a bit and I decided to start work on something similar.

This is just a quick crop of the youTube trailer, I want to incorporate the style with ------
Steam-Yang-1.jpg

This Kind of style,more contours and sharp points.
Steam-Yang-2.jpg

This is of course just what I have so far, I'm trying to branch out my styles and get some input from other artists. Thanks to anyone who wishes to invest any sort of time or labour into this, it is greatly appreciated.

Ryan

iDad

Guru
That would be one intricate tattoo, if you can pull it off. how many colors you going to try to incorporate into that or are you going to leave it minimal

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Ryan, hi and welcome.

Sounds as though you have a pretty good grip on what you want. The first is a much more steampunk themed design. I would stay away from watch parts if I could, it's more of a artisan based steampunk concept which I despise.

Txupport

I plan on dumbing down some of the more intricate background mechanisms and focusing on the outer design for now,ill get into the inner mechanisms once I get my tattooist comfortable with 1R liners. As for colour, some light bronze,black,silver, grey wash, not too much texture detail,, ill get some Spackle work done afterwords for the feel of it. I'm concentrating on the general sharp point mechanical feel for now. sorry this post is a little rushed, I'm actually on my way to the airport for a vacation. I will be frequenting this site often when I get back by the looks of it as it seems like a well built community.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sounds like a job for ..........................Inkz!

I get sharp point mechanical.......not sure how that will integrate with traditional steampunk. Interesting.

Txupport

Think Tribal Steampunk, I've been into the style for a good amount of time but haven't incorporated it on my body as of yet.

Txupport

Steampunk_Tribal_OC_Tat_by_Chobaryu.png
Like this, best I could do, about to get on my plane. Have a good week everyone, I hope to check in in a week and get right into this. Ill be in Cuba, so no internet readily available.

Thanks again all, Ciao for now

iDad

Guru
that's very cool, whats that i see in back, watermark or artifacts from the original image? Are you going to add the man?

Txupport

No no, it's just the only pic I could find of that specific yin yang from the movie. Going to redesign in total but take ideas from here and there.

Floris

View attachment 30847
Like this, best I could do, about to get on my plane. Have a good week everyone, I hope to check in in a week and get right into this. Ill be in Cuba, so no internet readily available.

Thanks again all, Ciao for now

Hi there,

I'm struggling with getting a nice design voor a tattoo on my back( pref left or right half ). I Really liked the steampunk/tribal design you made there. Would love to see more designs of that kind. and maybe... but just maybe ill take a design of yours and put it on my back if I really like one.

Paul

Former Member
I suggest you go have a chat with your local or nearest 'rated' tattoo artist as they will alter it to fit your build/muscle shape and give you some pointers as to what will really work as far as your tattoo idea is concerned.
Sites like this will roll out ideas and even do images if members so choose, but ultimately the only two people to be 'set' on the design will be yourself and the tattoo artist doing it.

When you finally get what you are looking for drop back with the finished design and a photo of the tattoo maybe.

Txupport

I'm in a relationship with my artist actually and design all of my work myself, just got back from vacation a couple days ago and about to dive into this, I plan to post as I go and incorporate different styles and ideas from different artists and media manipulators. This is just one of the forums/boards I am posting on and am just trying to branch out my style.

Floris

Will do, there are like 4 or 5 good artists in and around my town so that won't be a problem. I will show them the picture in this topic so he has an idea of what I want. hope ill be able to post a photo of my new tattoo soon.