What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More than one gradient on the same layer?

Tioga

Can you put more than one ....say.... radial gradient on the same layer. I was watching a tut and im pretty sure he was doing just that but he didnt say how he was doing it. I tried the ctrl,shift,alt buttons combinations but everytime it just gave me a new gradient not adding another. Any help would be appreciated.

:eek:

CS6 Extended, Windows 7

TIA

Ron

What is the benefit of doing that even if it is possible which i think it is not, it's own new layer gives more freedom to control and adjust over two or more effects on one layer.
Makes no real sense to me?

It sounds to me like he created the gradient rasterized that style and then did it again in a different location etc,etc

But that still means separate layers for each new 'gradient' applied?

Is he talking about gradient map

OK I did it.... on a new layer with a radial gradient. But it seems to only work with a black to transparent gradient. It wouldnt work with a full color gradient only a black to transparent or any other color to transparent only.

Here it is. Black to transparent and red to transparent radial gradient on the same layer..... and I swear I didnt merge them... lol

Im not sure there is a huge benefit to it. I just wondered how he did it.

Attachments

• radila grad.png
    radila grad.png
    158.9 KB · Views: 1

Back