What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tutorial request : Once Upon A Time serie : logo

Gagaparis

Hello,
I am desperate... I'd like to make this logo but I just don't manage to do it.
Can someone help me ? Please. I just would someone to explain me how to make the text effect.
The font for "once" is neutraface, and for "upon a time" it is Nanum Myeongjo (bold).

If It is also possible (but that is optional), do you know how to make the same background or this kind of dark background... But in another place : mountains, lake... Or to make the forest ?

Please help me.

G.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 13

Hoogle

Guru
Far from perfect for such a simple effect it sure does take a lot of playing around Instead of writing a tutorial I am supplying a psd so you can play around yourself the whole background is the hardest thing to get right to make the text look good.
onceuponatime.png

View attachment onceuponatime.psd

Well Good luck and I hope it is enough to get you started You will need to replace the flares as I had to render them out so loose quality when moving around etc but you should be able to find flare brushes etc or your own plugin to deal with them.

You will also need to smooth out the text where the E is in once I cant do that without knowing what your text is going to be hence when applying the layer styles you get the bump instead of smooth silver effect.

Last edited:

Gagaparis

I am French, and even if I speak English I didn't understand everything... I use photoshop since the age of 3. I am not an expert, I use photoshop for simple things. If I need to make the exact logo (even the little details) it is because of a webserie project... It is very important for me because I want to show the final logo to a friend who is very sick...before the end.
I am just asking for some help, not a psd, just an explanation of how to make it. I understand if you don't want or you can't help me.

sorry

G.

Inkz

Guru
.PSD's are a great way to learn...

I've done learnt alot going through psd files. It's got all the relevant info and settings there at hand.

iDad

Guru
Can't agree with that if you know what you're doing then maybe but if you don't know what you're doing the PSD file with layers galore would boggle the mind of somebody that doesn't have a clue.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
A picture paints a thousand words they say. There's nothing wrong with offering a psd as assistance.

True - the requestee may not understand and find himself lost most especially if he doesn't have a clear understanding of the PS concepts. Interaction is needed. This is were the need to guide the OP to understanding comes into play.

This is the reason why we're here and why the forum exists.

Gagaparis,

No offense meant in the previous posts. The members are here to help you out.

All you need is to ask .... clarification to what is it you don't understand or cannot do....

Gagaparis

I Can do everything you'll tell me to do. But I just need a detailed explanation of how. It has to be exactly the same logo with the details. And then when I'll be able to make it with you help, I will make the final logo for the webserie project.
Please, I don't have a lot of time. :s

If it is not possible to make it... Well, I don't know what I will do. But I am optimistic and I am sure it is possible. :)

EDIT : I have until July to make the logo. I don't know if this is enough... For me it is not a long time.

Last edited:

Inkz

Guru
I will add a video tutorial + written tut on this by the end of the day, that's if no one else does.

Inkz

Guru
I understand your French, so I will do the best I can. Unfortunately my mic is broke so the written tutorials along side the vid tut should help you through this.

Gagaparis

I have no problem with English. You can write in English if you want. If there are words that I don't understand, I will ask a friend. Don't worry. I understand the English photoshop vocabulary.

The problem of language with the last reply of Guru was that when I translated in my mind, it had no sense. But I understood 3 minutes after. :) so sorry guru

thank you Inkz !! :)

Steve

Retired Administrator
Thank you Inkz for providing Gagaparis with that tutorial.

The policy of this forum is to allow any member to provide any help to other members in what every way they want.
If a member is willing to take the time to create a free PSD or a free video tutorial to help another member, that's their choice.

If another member here at PSG doesn't feel they want to put in that much time to help another member that's perfectly understandable, but don't hijack the thread with your opinions on the subject.

This has already been discussed dozens of times here at PSG and every regular already knows the policy.
As stated already, "The policy of this forum is to allow any member to provide any help to other members in what every way they want."

Complaining about this will get the posts deleted because:

1. It's off topic

2. It's more of the same nonsense about giving work away for free.

Anytime that comes up in someone else's thread I delete it without explanation.
The policy about doing something for free in this forum has been discussed ad nauseam and everyone knows it's allowed.

In this thread 7 off topic posts have been deleted along with 6 responses to those off topic comments.
When members do this it's the Mods pay for it with all the additional work they need to do.

Gagaparis

Thank you, Inkz ! That will help me a lot. :) I'll show you the final logo.
just... Do you know how to add lines on the middle of the letters of "ONCE" ?

ibclare

Queen Bee
Not speaking for Inkz, but I suggest you go into the layer effects, bevel and emboss. Go down to the section that says gloss contours and click on the down arrow for a number of selections. Try rings first and see if that gives the effect you want. If not, I'd have to play around with the idea or Inkz or someone could have some advice.

Looking forward to your results!

Janifar

Banned
Here you go, see if any of this makes sense lol...

Here are the layer style settings for the text.

drop_zpsd6ba9b9c.png

Bevel_zpsa2528dde.png

Grad_zps473184be.png

Its a wonderful solution Inkz !!! Grateful to you for aforementioned tutorial posting and helping. :) Much appreciated !!!

Gagaparis

Capture.JPGUhh, i don't finish but that gives me this for now :) The lines in the middle of the letters miss... and it has to be a little more... 3D ?
I don't know, really.
For the "UPON A TIME" that's ok... but the "ONCE" is the big problem :(

Thank you Inkz and IbClare :)

Inkz

Guru
For a 3d look....

You may want to add a drop shadow, bring the distance to "2" and slightly increase the size then lower opacity a bit.

Should help.