What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(request) abbey road photo and dogs

rachell dominguez

Hello,
I am making a fake album cover as a gift for my boyfriends parents. I would like to insert their dogs into the abbey road photo.
I have attempted to do this myself several times but have never had much practice with photoshop.
Anyway thanks in advance to anybody who would be willing to help me out :)
I have attatched two photos that should help.

-Rachell

Attachments

• blank_abbey_road___no_beatles_by_rabittooth-d4zlkv9.jpg
    blank_abbey_road___no_beatles_by_rabittooth-d4zlkv9.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2075.jpg
    IMG_2075.jpg
    983.8 KB · Views: 14

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Welcome, rachell.

Moved to appropriate forum.

Being a discussion forum, we prefer giving technical assistance on how to do these in Photoshop. But there may be people willing to do this for you.

You'll just have to be patient til someone takes up the challenge and jumps in with a full edit.

bgoodman4

I am attaching my original files as zip (file 1: dogs on Abby Road, file 2: dogs in position with white background. These are 300 dpi so they will have a better res than the visible jpg below). As well as a simple jpg attachment so what I have done can be seen. Could someone please put the shadows in my version for me. I have never had to do this before and have no idea how to begin. Its too late to start learning now (its bed time) and besides, my normal work will never call for it so learning to do it will probably be a waste of time for me.

good aa.jpg
View attachment abby road dogs a.zip

Last edited:

bgoodman4

Something interesting,,,,,,,the shadows on the Beatles album cover appear to be WRONG. Is it just me or is this really the case? See the image I found doing a google search at http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j...RwI-n3eYdTvtuBQNBytZ3L4A&ust=1370401812001112Also, I have revised my submission. In order to do so I had to do some road work on Abby Road without authorization from the proper authorities. Hopefully they won't notice. I suspect the person requesting the work has left the building as so many of them do, but thats OK, I had fun with this one.

good aa.jpg

EDIT: I just noticed that the road surface in the expanded area is the wrong colour. If the person who requested the work wants to use this image please let me know and I will fix this for you and provide you with the original, 300 dpi file.

Last edited:
Most of the shadows on your Abbey road are right, though you are using the crossing that looks like a bar code, for some reason that was the example given. the only shadow that isn't right is the one around the left side of the Beatle car.

The bloke who created the one you used, did it for people to do parody's of the cover, although there are already versions of this image without the Beatles in it anyway, and they don't have the dodgy dark blur around the left side of the car.

bgoodman4

The shot I was referencing was the one I used to grab John from, not the one provided from the OP (I had assumed this was the original cover but I think I may be wrong about that.

I thought perhaps the Beatles were doing something subliminal with the shadows from the LP cover,,,,If you look at the shadows of John and George they seem to me to be pointing into a shallow V, not more or less parallel as you would expect if the shot were naturally lit. Some of the other shadows seem off to me as well but these seem the most obviously out. Or perhaps I have not got all of the stuff taken during that period out of my system yet.......Probably there was a shoot set-up and lights or reflectors were used. This could explain the wonky shadows.
Untitled-1.jpg
;
;
Mind you, the cross walk lines are not parallel either so,,,,,,,,,
;
;
Here is what I now believe/think is the actual LP cover. Odd that there are two versions but hey, this is the digital age after all. Still, the shadows and cross walk lines are off in this one too.
;
;
Untitled-1.jpg
;
;
Just realized its probably a parallax thing. Would this be so obvious at so close a distance? I never really thought about it before.

Last edited: