What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help with png background transparency issue

MarcyJ

Hi everyone! I'm a professional photographer with self taught minimal photoshop skills. I am currently making a digital scrapbook page and am having issues with quite a few of my png elements. When I add them to the page, they have the white background instead of being transparent. I know that saving files as jpg will create that but these are png files with the checkerboard background. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it. Oh and I'm using Elements 7.0. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Marcy

hunter480

if you just look at them on a computer they will show up white, not with boxes. You'll only see the boxes in the program. Are you placing them on a colored background and still having them upload white?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Marcy, hunter is right. The checkerboard pattern indicates transparency in Photoshop and Elements. These "transparent backgrounds" will, of course, allow whatever color background they're placed over to show through! If you upload them to a website with a green BG, the green will show through. If you drag and drop or copy and paste to a document with a white BG, the white will show through.

Hope that helps.