What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sharrrrrrrrk

egosbar

Guru
my daughter asked me to fix her pic , thought id add a shark and post it too facebook

first time ive extended an image to allow room too add him in

Attachments

• fiji snorkeling.jpg
    fiji snorkeling.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 36
  • shark pic.jpg
    shark pic.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

egosbar

Guru
haha , had too do some resizing so there was a delay in adding the images

perfect pic for the spot healing brush tool

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey egosbar, the sharks features are to sharp. Look at the swim fin, it's blurred. The shark is even further back and would be a bit blurred as well. Also, add some highlights to the top of the shark, he's in very shallow water.

egosbar

Guru
ill have a look at that , only done it very quickly as a joke for facebook friends , no one has picked up its been photoshopped yet lol , got a lot of OMGs

egosbar

Guru
blurred him out a bit , im not sure how to go about adding highlites ive tried the dodge tool and it doesnt look right , any suggestions

Attachments

• 1013433_10201414612993858_382222016_n-Recovered.jpg
    1013433_10201414612993858_382222016_n-Recovered.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 32
The end of her flipper is the thing that jumps out at me, and agreed with the blur. The rest is awesome

The very corner of the flipper has been slightly clipped and there is a vertical line at said point. It's only slight, but it's just jumping out at me.

Last edited:
The very corner of the flipper has been slightly clipped and there is a vertical line at said point. It's only slight, but it's just jumping out at me.
You're a very good observer... I can also see it now...
...but have a close look at the original pic without the shark, before the background was added. The end of the flipper should have have been softened when egosbar added the extra BG to the left of the pic.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I used the blur tool around the sharks edges. I just used a brush for the highlights and the shadow. I fixed the fin by selecting a fin tip shaped section from the fin itself and moving it. I then blended it using the blur and smudge tool.

shark pic_3.jpg

Paul

Former Member
Just learn from the failing please, now move on and back to topic guys.