What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simple car badge design, please help.

JDM4LYF

Hey guys, I am looking to have a custom badge made for my car, an Acura RSX. It seems like it should be simple, but I am no good at design stuff so I could use some help. All I want to do is replace the "RSX" badge with one that says "DC5", but in the same exact lettering style as the RSX one, so I need a plain text design to take to a metal worker and put through a CAD machine or something. Attached is a couple images of the RSX text, if someone could modify or recreate this lettering style to say DC5 it would be really helpful, and your design will end up on the back of my car. Thanks.

Attachments

• acura-rsx.jpg
    acura-rsx.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 30
  • acura-rsx-outline.jpg
    acura-rsx-outline.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 30

SPWA

Power User
I've had a quick look and although the Acura font is easy to find, I can't locate an RSX typeface. Someone will have to try to draw the DC5 & make it look like the same style. I can give it a go, but I can't promise an exact replica as I will have to guess what the letters you want should look like.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Or you could go online and find a font at one of the websites that has free downloads and offer your preference to us.

Here's one: dafont

And here's a site where you paste your image and it does a lookup: what the font (though that might be where SPWA already looked)

Postscript:

You're right of course SPWA. No good match there. Hey, I didn't doubt you! You're :cool2: !

So, either a close proximity, or like you said, custom made.

Last edited:

JDM4LYF

Hey guys, thanks for the replies, and I was actually thinking someone could make it custom. SPWA, that looks really good, but I was hoping for something a little more...edgy, I really appreciate the help though. I will try to find some fonts similar to what I am looking for though and I'll let you know what I find.