What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what is the best mouse for photoshop

Paul

Former Member
My total tool base consists of cs5/cs2 wacom tablet (bamboo) small one, Nikon dslr camera, used to have Topaz uninstalled it as i hardly used it - all i need is built into photoshop.
So no i don't lie that is all i have and that is all i want.

P.S. thanks for 'compliment' i think?;)

besmirched

Power User
Ego, you mexicans down there have pccasegear in Melbourne. They afaik have the best wacom prices in Oz. Check them out.

egosbar

Guru
thanks mate ill google them up now

money isnt really that much of a concern to me , i generally pay more for the better products , so a bamboo tablet or the 360 dollar wacom intuos 5 , i generally go the better product because i regret it if i dont and end up owning both lol

my next question is small or medium , i work off a 500 dollar acer 5742 laptop , im not a gamer so no point in buying a 1800 dollar lap top this does all i need ,i only use the touch pad for ps so far , i love photoshop a lot so im actually debating getting another desktop and large screen , i generally work on the couch while watching telly with my wife

so seeing i dont like spending money where i dont need to is the intuous 5 worth double the money then the bamboo if so ill go that
way

egosbar

Guru
just googled pccasegear , 429 and ebay has them from around 380 , to be honest most of my purchases are on ebay now and i rarely see better prices

egosbar

Guru
ooops my bad , just had an after thought and remembered small medium large , it was a large one so it was good value , back to pccasegear to search a medium

MikeMc

McGuru
biggest reason for the Intuous 5 is the extra buttons (for keyboard shortcuts) I wish I had spent the extra....I like the large bamboo

besmirched

Power User
Pccasegear used to have mediums for around $300, it's a bit of a bummer that they only have large and bamboo.

I have an adli tablet and it's rubbish, it doesn't even work properly in win 8 as it stutters the pen movement. I kinda wished I bought a bamboo or small Intuous 5. Maybe one day.

MrPixel

Hey i like to use the Cyborg MMO 7 mouse (which should be in your budget) i like to use it because of the programmable buttons and the ability to change mouse sensitivity at the click of a button you can find more info about it here: http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/mmo.htm also when i am not using my mouse i like to use the Wacom Intuos 5 (maybe slightly outside of your budget but certainly worth the investment) http://uk.shop.wacom.eu/products/intuos?sCoreId=35d0623ec0d2bd8159de6646d75419f7

Lumpsack

Have you seen one of these Huion tablets - really very cheap and reviewed well among those who are used to them - I have it and have found it very good but have nothing to compare except a Bamboo and it knocks that into thr proverbial cocked hat.

falantino

3D Mouse

The least known companion for Photoshop is a 3D mouse. Photoshop CS6 Extended has powerful 3D capabilities and a 3D Mouse is the best way to work with 3D objects in Photoshop. It makes 3D editing feel second-nature and speeds up your workflow. This knob can also be used to rotate, zoom in/out, or set to another feature of your choice. Currently, the only company making 3D mouse is 3DConnexion. Their spacenavigator can be yours for $100.

~ excerpt from...
photoshoptutorials.ws -- 6 Accessories You Can Buy to mprove the Way You Use Photoshop

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeMc

McGuru
3D Mouse

The least known companion for Photoshop is a 3D mouse. Photoshop CS6 Extended has powerful 3D capabilities and a 3D Mouse is the best way to work with 3D objects in Photoshop. It makes 3D editing feel second-nature and speeds up your workflow. This knob can also be used to rotate, zoom in/out, or set to another feature of your choice. Currently, the only company making 3D mouse is 3DConnexion. Their spacenavigator can be yours for $100.

~ excerpt from...
photoshoptutorials.ws -- 6 Accessories You Can Buy to mprove the Way You Use Photoshop

Never heard of this!

Tom Mann

Guru
iDad, it's interesting you mentioned that particular Logitech. About 6 months ago, my old mouse died and I bought a new one. That's almost exactly the one I have, and I LOVE it. The only difference, as far as I can tell, is that I went with wired instead of wireless.

Great recommendation!

T

iDad

Guru
That's the latest I have to say I love it, it doesn't compare to tablets but if you're going to go mouse in my opinion that's the way to go