What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Request] A club logo for my new club in university. :)

kuzumi

Hello people! How're you guys? Hope y'all are doing great!

I actually have another request this time.. I've recently been appointed as the next president of my university's squash club (it's like racquetball in the US) and to be honest, our club is dying from the lack of popularity (Actually, feels like I'm the only one holding the club's head above the water)

I'd like to revamp my club by doing lots of promotional stuff, one of them which includes changing the boring club logo that we currently use.

original club logo.jpg so here's the original logo, I find it really.. really basic.

original club cover.jpg and here's our Facebook cover page.

aaaand here's my university's logo Square-Normal-1024x724.jpg

I've tried googling for examples of logo (I used "squash club logos" in the search function) and quite a lot came out, most of them looked to be boring, though. And most of them were pretty low-res. :(

So here're some that I think to look rather okay/neat.

KirkwallLogo.jpg This looks pretty neat, I'm hoping to replace the blue with Red (as Red and white are my university's official colours) with the UCSI (just UCSI, no need to include University at the back) replacing Kirkwall and the Squash & Racketball replaced with Squash Racquets Club. :)

SSC_Logo_Colour.jpg For this, if it were possible, I'd like to have the colour scheme changed to something Red, nothing blue. Only thing I see need replacement would be the Stillington with UCSI. :)

blkbg_redtop_whtbtm_whtshd_blktxt.png Love the colour scheme, would be nice if the GCC could be replaced with UCSI. And maybe something added into it?

hsc-master-logo-small1.png wonder if the green colour of the leaf could be replaced with red (autumn looking) leaf instead?

dulwichsquash_Dulwich Squash Club Logo.jpgthis doesn't really look appealing to me.. :\ but if it's workable then I might just love it. :D

Notes:

1) So yeah my club's official name would be "UCSI Squash Club OR UCSI Squash Racquets Club"

2) I know it's rather disrespectful to copy another club's logo.. but I'm really out of any original ideas.. some president I am. :\ So if you guys do have any original ideas (with some of the references above and available on Google) I'd really really really really appreciate it.

3) The club's logo is for non-commercial use. We do not seek on gaining any profit from it, it's only for the sake of having a logo, and being proud of it. :')

4) The colour theme preferred would be Red/Black/White.

5) I haven't been able to find our my club's establishment year, i don't know if it'd be a good idea to add in the year of establishment into the logo r not.. hmmm.. :\

Side Request: Sorry.. if it were possible, could you please help me with making the logo capable of having a transparency as well (for watermark purposes) I'm not so sure of how to explain it... but I know it's only possible with .png images (and the empty areas would be transparent if I were to place it on top of another image, hope you get what I mean)

Really really sorry if this is a bit too extreme of a request.. and really really thank you for reading this post, or spending some of your precious time with it. :redface:

If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to ask and I will reply ASAP!

Thank you!

Hoogle

Guru
Ok this is far from perfect but just a little mess around in photoshop but should be easy to create in Illustrator for your vector needs. I have to say the web provides very little inspiration for a uniqe style logo so I just went for a fun approach. like I said it needs a lot of work on it but thought it may give you some inspiration. Doesnt your college have an art and design class maybe you can put it to them to have a go.
idea.png

Lind Designs

Also, I need color ideas and some more information, please PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:

kuzumi

Ok this is far from perfect but just a little mess around in photoshop but should be easy to create in Illustrator for your vector needs. I have to say the web provides very little inspiration for a uniqe style logo so I just went for a fun approach. like I said it needs a lot of work on it but thought it may give you some inspiration. Doesnt your college have an art and design class maybe you can put it to them to have a go.
View attachment 34928
Hi! Apologies for the delay in reply. This actually looks really cool! But a little bit lacking when it comes to relation to squash (I guess? :( ) As the usual two dots on squash balls are usually yellow in colour. My college has an arts and crafts faculty but they're.. well not really that much alive. Your work inspires me a lot! Is it possible to change the eye colour from red to yellow and have the squash word somewhere else to make it look less Halloweeney? Feel like the ball is actually in pretty cool shape to be a shadow in the background, especially the pointy hair (maybe some 2D flame trailing behind it like how the Henderson's logo has a leaf trailing behind it?)

Thanks so much for your work! Appreciate it! :D

Hoogle

Guru
Here is a stripped down version and easy to navigate if you would like to play around I dont have time today to do much that will do you justice so handing it over to you if you want it or maybe someone else on here can build upon what I started or start again from scratch. This was never meant as a suggestion if it was then I would have done it in vector format. But here you go anyway.
View attachment squash.psd

kuzumi

Here is a stripped down version and easy to navigate if you would like to play around I dont have time today to do much that will do you justice so handing it over to you if you want it or maybe someone else on here can build upon what I started or start again from scratch. This was never meant as a suggestion if it was then I would have done it in vector format. But here you go anyway.
View attachment 34940
Hey Hoogle. :) Looks good. Thank you so much for your effort on this. I am still undecided and have almost absolutely no idea on which kind of design we should finalize on. :( Any suggestions or further help in this matter will be deeply appreciated. I do like the Henderson's squash logo, though. If only the leaf can be red in colour, maybe autumn-like. And a little bit more original than just altering it a little..

Hoogle

Guru
I really dont get what a leaf has to do with Squash, Do you have a team mascot or something that could replace it or maybe use the college logo if I get a chance tonight at some point I will take another look at it I really would have thought another 1 of our members would jump on this, But I think the fact is There is not a lot of inspiration when it comes to Squash design

Hoogle

Guru
I really dont like doing busy Logos I prefer simple 1s like inkz has demonstrated but I understand you want something appealing to younger people. in my opinion this is to much for a logo but going of what you say you like it is as best matched as my over tired brain can cope with at the moment but my advise is to go with something more simple like inkzs design not all logos need to be in your face screaming look at me.
UCSI SQUASH.png

ibclare

Queen Bee
Here is an idea. Maybe too simple for your tastes? :mrgreen:

I have it at twice this resolution. PNG no problem of course.

UCSI.jpg

Just noticed. The kearning needs a little fixing . . .

Last edited:

kuzumi

I really dont like doing busy Logos I prefer simple 1s like inkz has demonstrated but I understand you want something appealing to younger people. in my opinion this is to much for a logo but going of what you say you like it is as best matched as my over tired brain can cope with at the moment but my advise is to go with something more simple like inkzs design not all logos need to be in your face screaming look at me.
View attachment 35014

Here is an idea. Maybe too simple for your tastes? :mrgreen:

I have it at twice this resolution. PNG no problem of course.

View attachment 35020

Just noticed. The kearning needs a little fixing . . .

I love that little guy hoogle!

Inkz, the font you chose for squash club is very cool. What is it if you please?

Hmm.. true on that leaf thingy.. We don't really have a mascot.. we are a rather.. small institution. :( But omg I've seen the following posts! Sorry for the late replies, sorta crashed after I got home and slept for 13 hours. :\ I really love the works by you, Inkz, and ibclare! :D Thank you so much for your time spent on the requests by me.. deeply thankful for your contributions!

O.M.G. thank you so so so so so much Hoogle, Ibclare, and also Inkz!! I think I'll go with the design by Inkz for the official logo, but I'm sure that I'm gonna end up using the other awesome work by Hoogle and Ibclare as well for event purposes!!! Thank you so much!!!

Dear ibclare, may I have the .png file that you have? :D :D Will definitely use as a watermark!!!

Inkz, this is so so so so lovely, is it possible for you to provide me with the .png image files (and .psd if possible) for http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s638/InkzFX/Squashsm_zpse38ca2ad.png at higher resolutions, separated? Really sorry if I could actually do this by myself, not really familiar with the skillful works that is photoshop and stuff. :D Thanks for sharing the font for it as well, it's really cool!!

Hoogle, really really loving the spikey guy! He might just be my club's first mascot!!! Thank you so much!! Kinda reminds me of the guys in those stickmen flash games!!

Last edited: